2000 Summer Public Health Research Videoconference
on Minority Health
Information for video downlink sites
How to host a site
- Make sure your satellite system is available and capable of receiving the program.
It must have a settable antenna capable of receiving
SBS6 ku band (SBS6 is located at 74 degrees).
(Exact satellite technical specifications will be provided to registered sites about two weeks prior to the broadcast.)
- Assign a site facilitator (Information for site facilitators).
- Register on-line.
- Sign and return the site agreement form.
- There is no site fee this year.
- Have participants sign in and complete evaluation forms
- Sites can download a one-page flyer (2-sided, lists the sessions and speakers, has a higher-resolution copy of the photograph
that appears on the web site announcement) as a
MS Word 97 document to
adapt for their specific needs and distribute. Two versions are
- We have sent 5-10 posters to sites registered by June 1
Instructor-provided educational materials
An electronic copy of instructors' slides
as well as a list of suggested readings will be available for you to copy and distribute at your site.
These materials will be distributed via our web site or e-mail, as we receive them (we will
announce new postings to the web site via e-mail to video downlink sites registered
at that time).
We will post your site location on our web page.
We can also post information about your specific site's arrangements, to which you
can then refer in your own publicity.
Registered sites may choose to charge attendees a fee to cover the cost of
The five broadcasts will begin at 1:00 p.m. (EDT) with test signal (color bars) audio
tone. Actual program begins at 1:30 p.m. (EDT) and ends at 4:30 p.m. (EDT).
Friday's program will be taped during the morning and broadcast during the regular afternoon
time. One of the presenters will respond to questions and comments following
the playback of his presentation.
(Back to the top)
Guide to the Videoconference website
Information for site facilitators
May 26 update for site facilitators
Materials for downlink sites
Site facilitators responsibilities and checklists
Overview of the Videoconference
Return to the Minority Health Home Page.
5/11/2000, 5/26/2000, 6/2/2000, 6/5/2000 Minority_Health@unc.edu